Friday, September 01, 2006

Interlude

This novel is really an ambitious idea, especially with everything else that's going on just now. I believe they call it 'Life' - it's a package deal including 'Immediate Family', 'Extended Family', 'Holiday Work', 'Plans for future income', 'Study', 'Calling', 'Church Involvement' and others. These applications all seem to work well, although the Family modules need some patches, but the system slows down whenever I even think of trying to run them all at full efficiency. I've also been toying with a 'Exploring Genealogy' module that eats up time and energy at the worst moments - mealtimes, bedtimes... This has led me to wonder whether a novel is the best plan at all, rather than a biography of a particular ancestor. OK so it would probably put me outside the rules for NaNoWriMo but that may be helpful (in terms of freeing up processing power for 'Study' at a crucial period of its running). I also have some ideal material for said biography (taped remeniscences from the ancestor in question) but it's not the only copy so it's a fair bet that other family members have had the same idea and could even now be working on such a biog.

Decisions decisions. It would be a shame to abandon these characters, half-created - they've already had ages being stuck in blog-limbo, I fear the repercussions should I simply not use them at all. Hmmm, wonder what happened to my previous novel characters. Where are they now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home