Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Reminder

I'm just reminding myself of what's gone before, not really going to add to things.

I still think the idea's got legs but now my first term is looking even busier, with a couple of very part-time jobs and me wanting to do 50% more modules than the full-time amount. How's that for ridiculous?

Ah well. Hold these thoughts, and see how they go. Fortunately my genealogy enthusiasm has waned a bit, so that I'm not doing research on it every hour or anything. It's really because I just got to the end of some of the material I got from family members. I haven't done the sort of Who Do You Think You Are? stuff yet like travel round the country to different record offices, or even round the world to trace family connections (though apparently I'm somewhat English - knew that - and one sixteenth Belgian - although I used to get that wrong and say Danish... close! - and I may even be part Jewish through an ancestor with the surname Solomon or Solomons although that's really just speculation.) Anyway we're all human, what does it matter if we come from umpteen different gene pools (on one side) or have ancestors who married their cousins... Perhaps this could add further fuel to the narrative. How likely is it that a student would get interested in their family history? Maybe they are a history student in any case, think it's boring until Aunt Mabel dies or becomes sick and they travel to see her, have conversations with her and/or other family members and find out who they really are (also influenced by WDYTYA being on telly - series 76?!)

Right I really must go now... TIme for bed said Zeb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home